Thursday, September 8, 2011

Controlled Bleeding - A Fractured View

Controlled Bleeding has been innovating & changing the face of experimental music for over 30 years, running the gamut between noise, modern industrial, prog-rock, drone, jazz-fusion(?) & far beyond. Few bands lumped into the Industrial genre have ever been as prolific or as unpredictable. I've put together, for your listening pleasure, a sample of what Controlled Bleeding is all about. Their discography is intimidating, and with their ever changing & evolving sound there's no way to accurately represent the band in a CD length compilation... but I've tried my best!

For this compilation, I drew more from CB's current prog experimental & past industrial sides, with some of their ambient/drone thrown in and just a dash of their noise output. Basically, I tried to go with what I thought might be best received by someone who had never heard of the group before at all. No, it's not a safe collection, but it's not a highly aggressive one either. Maybe I got the mix just right? You be the judge.

While, like most experimental bands, the bulk of their physical discography is long out of print, you can find a few CDs & buy MP3 downloads from Amazon. Soleil Moon does have a few CB CDs in stock still. And, of course, there's always iTunes. Lastly, Controlled Bleeding's Official Site has further links, and some T-Shirts available for sale if you're into swag.

If you like the music on this comp, please consider supporting CB by either buying something or attending one of their shows.


Tracklisting:

1. Trawler's Song
2. Red Hands Waiting
3. Words (Of The Dying)
4. Grinder's Song
5. Mother
6. Jay's Song # 1
7. Hog Tied
8. Underside (Of Lung Trees)
9. The Fodder Song
10. Jay's Song # 2
11. The Groan (Home Studio Mix)
12. Untitled # 3 (from Between Tides)
13. Tatsuya
14. Auto-Grind (Vocal Mix)
15. Swallowing Scrap Metal No. 9
16. Colostomia

Download 147MB Zip File

No comments:

Post a Comment